Wednesday, August 5, 2009

August so far....

I need to be better about blogging and this is why.......
I got this great idea off of Heather's blog. I turned my blog into a book. I think I will start doing it about every two years because I am already putting pictures and keeping a journal about my children's lives and this can be a sort of a scrapbook for them.
We had Karly's blessing. It was a really nice day.
Not a very good picture the sun was glaring in our eyes.
Karly in her blessing dress.
Now on to the big issue that has been a big problem in our house. Noah and Potty training. We are having some major issues. Noah thinks that every time he goes poo that he needs to stick his hands in it and rub it all over my walls and toys. Believe me this is really FUN! I didn't take any pictures because come on it is DISGUSTING. I am so sick of cleaning up poo every day that we are now trying potty training but it isn't going very well. Here is Noah with his potty watch. You can set it so it goes off every 30,60, or 90 minutes it is a good reminder for me to take him to the bathroom.
The grand old potty we try to make a big deal of it but he is only tinkling in it for now.
The ELMO Noah's favorite Potty chart.
I sure hope this works. Did anyone else have issues with their child smearing poo?
One last shot because I couldn't resist I love how chubby her cheeks are getting.

4 comments:

Cashelle said...

Yes. Madalynn was a major poo smearer and it lasted for a good year. We finally started cutting the feet of feetie pajamies and putting them on backwards so she couldn't get them off. She then figured that out and so then we were out of ideas. Good luck with that!!

Cashelle said...

oh, we put the pajamas on only when she slept-naps or bedtime. It worked for awhile.

the5johnsons said...

Potty training is the very worse thing about being a parent. I hate it so bad. Good luck. Oh where in the world did you get that watch. I really need one and i have never seen one.

Rikki said...

Kellie, I found it at kid to kid. One of my friends kids used it and told me that it worked for her.